October 5, 2015

CASE-ing Christmas October Challenge

Greetings!

How's it going?  Did you have a good weekend?  I'm hoping you were able to spend some time getting crafty.  The temps have been crisp and cool, and downright chilly around here lately.  I love it, but don't like being out in it. lol  Instead, I stayed in and played with all of my crafty supplies.  I also did laundry, and made a huge pot of veggie beef soup.  Yum!  Since my daughter worked all weekend, it kept me occupied.  I decided I needed to get everything done this weekend as I have a busy week ahead, and we'll be in Kansas City for Wicked next week.  So excited!!  I can't wait to see how my daughter enjoys her first Broadway play. :-)

It's the 5th of the month, which brings us to our next CASE-ing Christmas challenge.  This month we're CASEing Asha.  Here is her beautiful card.


 And here is the card I made.


I stuck to the colors and layout, almost identically.  I've had these dies for a while, and this is the first time I've used them.  I sponged the background with distress inks, added the snow with a stencil and embossing paste and added the tree.  I cut the sentiment out three times, and layered them on top of one another, then embossed them with gold embossing powder.  I totally love how this turned out! It's a bit busy, but in real life, it's got gorgeous shine from the embossing powder and the beautiful Pretty Pink Posh sequins.  Now I've got another card to add to my stash.  Yes!

I'm going to enter this card for the following challenges.

Sparkle & Shine Challenge #15:  Inspiration Poto (I was inspired by the grouping of blues)
ABC Challenge:  S is for Sprinkles (I used gold embossing powder)
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round October Challenge: No Stamping
CASual Chic Challenge #4: Tic Tac Toe'ing (I chose stenciling, die cutting & embossing)
Glitter & Sparkle Challenge #157:  Anything Goes (my sequins and gold embossing sparkle)

 I do hope you head over to see what my friends have created for you this month.  With CASE-ing Christmas being a monthly challenge now, that gives you plenty of time to play along with us.  Thanks for stopping by! 

Stay crafty my friends!






What's In It?
Paper:  SU! Whisper White & Gumball Green Cardstock
Ink:  VersaMark, Distress Inks: Weathered Wood, Faded Jeans & Chipped Sapphire
Accessories:  Ranger Princess Gold Embossing Powder, Wendy Vecchi White Embossing Paste, Simon Says Stamp Falling Snow Stencil, Simon Says Stamp Christmas Blessings & Stitched Rectangles Dies, Memory Box Flowering Christmas Tree Die, Pretty Pink Posh Gold Sequins

6 comments:

Patti J said...

Great case, my friend! Beautiful card - not quite ready for snow though!!! Brrr....cold here :) Hope you are well - seems like a long time since we chatted! Enjoy 'Wicked' -I loved the book, but haven't seen the production yet. Hugs...

Mynn xx said...

LOVE this, Steph! I adore the gorgeous use of dies--and the fun texture, too! Stunning card! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

The EmBellished Card - Belinda said...

Steph this is so lovely. Love the simplicity of your design and the blue is wonderful!
Blessings,
Belinda

Donna Nuce said...

Hi Steph! I love the die cuts you used on your card! Beautiful card! Have a great day!

Rosmarie said...

Hi Steph. What a gorgeous card you made! Love the beautiful winter sky and the snowflakes falling over the flowery Christmas-tree! - such a peaceful scene!
Hugs, Rosi

Peanut said...

Magical! Simply magical, Steph. Love your take on my card. Thank YOU for sharing.
hugs, Asha